It's snowing. Just a couple of inches predicted.
Not a big deal. I guess.
Doesn't matter because you CAN fight City Hall but you CAN'T fight Mother Nature.
Spring will arrive. Or it will be the first time it hasn't.
Why does my daughter have a sense of entitlement?
I've been mulling that question over for awhile. Trying to figure where I went wrong as a parent. Why do none of my lessons seems to take hold? I had to take a long hard look in mirror to see the culprit. To see the source of the entitlement.
I never realized that all the gifts I have given over the years have been wrapped in that sense of entitlement. I've always made sure the kids had the things they need and a few things they don't but I haven't been so good at holding them accountable. Most of the time it has been easier to just do it myself than fight and argue to get something done. I was hoping they would just "get it" one day. My older daughter is starting "to get it". But the younger one has a ways to go. Thanks to my lessons she thinks that she should have all the ammenities but doesn't want to lift a fnger to earn them. Well, I AM strong. I can go the distance. I can and will stand my ground. I will firmly enforce the rules. I will gently keep reminding her to pick up after herself, to do her laundry, to load the dishwasher and do it right and clean the litter box. I don't care if I am perceived to be a nag. If she did things on her own I wouldn't have to ask and if she did them when I asked I wouldn't have to nag.
She's NOT entitled, I just WANT her to have nice things but she has to help get them and then help to keep them nice.
3 comments:
Those lessons will get through some day. Don't worry. They will BOTH love you for it too!
Sorry, I can't resist this..."Sounds like you are raising a future Democrat"...lol.
Just takes time..lessons will sink in.
I think I am on this road, thanks for the warning sign!!! LOL
Post a Comment