My idea of Kennedy's is dysfunction. Drinking, womanizing, "old" money. I've always viewed Teddy as the prodigal son. The one who always wanted to be but never would be President. I picture his red face and huge head sipping champagne. Just a bit too much champagne. Ok....waaaayyyy too much champagne. I imagine his ex wife Joan and all of her boozing. And the kids with their garden variety of dysfunction.
I think of Chappaquiddick and Mary Jo Kopechne. The parties.
Over priviledged brats I guess would sum up my thoughts on the Kennedys.
So why did this picture cause me to burst into tears this morning??

I guess no matter what happens I hate to hear of someone being sick or dying.
My heartfelt wishes for a quick recovery goes out to the Kennedy's.
2 comments:
That family is deep rooted in history and it is hard to think of someone who has been around so long possibly going. It will be like the end of an era.
beautifully written boo bear....ah the sign of maturity....seeing the grey
Post a Comment