Monday, May 19, 2008

Mulletting it over

Sam has always been very diligent about getting his hair cut. Every 4 weeks whether he needed it or not. Most of the time I couldn't even tell except that his hair just never looked different.

Then he told me what he was paying for a haircut. A simple man's haircut. No shampoo. No styling. Just a mere trim. Most of the time only about an 1/8 of an inch being lopped off. $18 each time. I said you're kidding . He said no and kinda looked surprised that I thought it was alot. I told him that he can get it done at Walmart for half that price and can probably get away with going in every 6 weeks instead of every 4. I did some quick simple math and explained that over a year he could save about $150. He was sold!!

He cancelled his next appt and went to Walmart. He was happy with the cut. And even more happy with the price. It was a little more than half the price but still a good deal. The only problem is that he doesn't have someone automatically setting up appt for him. It's all walk ins. Up until today he had been about 8 weeks since his last cut. I can now see that his hair really does grow. The boy had a Mullett going on. I pointed that out to him yesterday and threatened to take a pic of it.

He just texted me and told me I was too slow. He trotted right to Walmart today and the mullett is a thing of the past.

Darn It!! Next time I WILL be more on the ball and get that pic of the mullett.

No comments: