"You missed the turn"
"I couldn't get over in time. The GPS will recalculate"
"You could have moved over if you weren't Doo-Dee-Dooing"
"Huh? Doo-Dee-Dooing??"
"Yeah, gawking around at the buildings and not paying attention. Doo-Dee-Dooing."
Ok....so MAYBE I was Doo-Dee-Dooing.
Sam and I went to PA this weekend. It's a lot of driving in a short amount of time but we had a good time.
We left Friday night after work and headed to my Aunt's in CT. We decided to have dinner at Cracker Barrel in MA. We had never been before. What a treat!! We loved it. The gift shop was divine and everything was on sale. I got a very cute birdfeeder that looks like a picked out watermelon. Once it is hung up I'll take a pic. It was only $9. The meal was good and inexpensive. We just loved it. My Aunt was in shock. The Cracker Barrel around the corner from her is VERY expensive. Hmmmmm....I guess it really IS true that just about everything is more expensive in CT.
My Mom, step dad, Sam and I all stayed at my Aunt's in CT. Sam and I were downstairs and the "grownups" were upstairs. It didn't matter that we had a floor/ceiling between us, Sam and I could still hear them sawing ZZZZZZZ's ALL NIGHT. It was like a house of horrors. Chainsaws running all night and teeth floating in a bowl in the bathroom. Our bed was very comfortable though. Once we fell asleep we slept well. The next morning Mom said she she didn't fall asleep until after 2AM. Sam and I looked at each other and giggled. I guess she snores when she is awake too.
On Sat morning we set Nagatha(my cousin's name for the GPS) for Perkiomenville, PA. We were riding in tandem with my Aunt and Uncle who had been there many times before so we didn't really need it. Except that we stopped to gas up and my Uncle got a little discombobulated and had us traveling east when we needed to go west. Nagatha knew the difference and after about 5 miles I agreed with Nagatha and made the executive decision to turn around. My Aunt was riding with Sam and Mom and I so I asked her to call my Uncle and let him know that we want to take a more direct route but that he was free to go any which way he wanted to. He opted to turn around and follow us.
2 pit stops and 5 hours later we arrived in PA. We stayed at the Courtyard in Collegeville and it was great. The bed was SOOOO comfy that Sam and I never heard the chainsaws. Maybe Mom and Rog slept so good that they didn't run their chainsaws all night. I don't know but we were all in the same room and we heard nothing. And I slept until 7:30am the next morning.
After checking in at the hotel we went to my cousin's for the party. OMG.....their house is to die for!!! It's a mansion. Sam and I counted 4 fireplaces, 9 flat screen TVs, 5 bathrooms, 4 beverage centers, 5 car garage and well over 20 rooms. They have a killer media room with stadium seating. It really is an awesome house. It even has an elevator. And a laundry room with more cabinets and counter space than my kitchen. Unbelievable. And of course there is a pool and patio area comparable to any movie star's house in Beverly Hills. Just the bill for maintaining the grounds would be waaayyy beyond my means. It is gorgeous and my cousins are so gracious and down to Earth. The party was great. T is all grown up and he'll be going to Penn State next year. The catering was great too. The caterer was wonderful. Not only did they put on a good spread they waited on us hand and foot.
We hung out at my cousin's until 10pm then went back to the hotel. We got there just in time to see Tiger Woods sink one of his eagles. I don't know anything about golf. Heck I don't even care about golf but THAT was a shot. I was so intrigued that I followed the game all day yesterday. I felt bad for Rocco but I am glad that Tiger won.
Sam and I headed out for home on Sun morning. Mom and Rog stayed down an extra day because my cousin had set up a tee time for a round of golf.
We had just gotten our new GPS last week so now it was going to be tested. I kinda knew my way back but decided to just let Nagatha take us where it would, with the exception that I did want to go through NYC. It was in Manhatten that I missed my turn while Doo-Dee-Dooing.
About 4pm we were getting hungry. We decided to ask Nagatha where we could eatand how to get there. Bug-a-Boo Creek it was. I must say, it was my first bad experience. Not with the food but the service. We decided to sit in the bar rather than wait a half hour for a seat. The bartender brought us the menu and a loaf of bread right off. But that's where the service ended. It took her about 20 min to come and take our order. We only ordered pasta bowls and it took over a half hour more to get them. We lost well over an hour there. She refilled Sam's glass but not mine. She never asked how the meal was. Didn't bring us the second loaf of bread we requested and we had to ask for the bill. I'm usually very gracious and understanding but we were sitting right directly in front of her yet we could not get her attention. We watched her interact with the couple on the other end of the bar many times, but I guess we were invisible. It cost us $30 for 2 pasta bowls and a Sprite (I had water w/lemon) which I thought was alot to not even get any service. All we wanted was our meal in a timely manner, more bread and to be acknowledged. Not nearly as good as Cracker Barrel had been but that's not to say we won't give them another chance.
About 2 hours later Sam mentioned ice cream. OK. Sounds good to me. Again, Nagatha to the rescue. I punched in Dairy Queen and hit the mother load!!! 9 Dairy Queens in an 11 mile radius! Now that's living the good life.
All in all it was a short but good trip. Nagatha is our friend even though she does speak a bit of a different language gets a bit testy if we don't do what she wants. Even though we slept very well both nights we were very glad to be back home and sleep in our sleighbed. I missed Sarah and Shelby. I think Shelby is mad at us because she slept in her own bed all of Sunday night and a good part of last night too. I hope she doesn't a hold a grudge for long.
1 comment:
too funny that shelby was pouting LOL
Post a Comment