Seems like I cannot silence my rooster.
For years I have battled sleep issues. I fall asleep fine but can't seem to stay that way or fall back asleep easily. Last night was another example of how bad it can get. I fell asleep around 10pm and woke up around 12:30am and was awake until close to 3:30am. Nutz I tell ya. When you fall back asleep at 3:30 and you have to get up at 5:15 it doesn't leave you feeling very refreshed.
I have taken up hiking and have been really into it. SO much so that I've only had 2 days in the last 2 weeks that I didn't hike or walk. I would have thought the increase in physical activity would have helped with the sleep problem but not yet.
My mind is truly not racing. Matter of fact it is mostly filled with anxiety over the fact that I'm awake. Again. In the middle of the night. I'm not fretting about money or the kids or Sam. The animals have not woke me up in months. It's just my dumb body clock, screwing with me.
I'm not napping during the day either. (unless you count the hours at work) I mean really? Who has time for a nap? I would give my eye teeth for a nap. Long slow sleep, wrapped in a sheet with my head on my favorite pillow. I don't care if that happens during the day or through the night just please let it happen soon. And with no interruptions.
Damn I'm tired.
PS......I do have a dr appt the first of next month and I guess I will have to finally broach the subject and possibly get on some meds. Man I hate the idea of being a pill popper but I'll do it if I can be a well rested pill popper.
3 comments:
It's worth popping some pills if you can get some rest. You may find that, after a while, you don't need them all the time.
I was never a pill popper until my thyroid acted up and I also had staying asleep. Ambien is the best stuff EVER. I owe my sanity to it. But, do not get Ambien CR. It doesn't work as well and leaaves you groggy the next day. Good luck!
I feel ya. I've had issues sleeping for years. Hard to function the next few days after a night like you just described. Hope you get some answers that work well for you!
Post a Comment