Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh what a beautiful morning!!

I slept!!! Not like a baby (who wakes up every three hours) but like a ROCK!

I took the Nytol at 8:45pm and by 9:15 I was drifting. THen I woke up at 10:30. I fidgeted a few minutes then got up and went to the bathroom. While I was in there I started to cry. I couldn't believe I was awake after about an hour. That wasn't even as much sleep as I get on my own. I blubbered my way back into bed. I don't think I opened my eyes at all. Sam muttered something about the Red.Sox blowing the lead then he rubbed my back and was sympathizing with my sleeplessness. He was reassuring me that sleep would come and the next thing I knew the alarm was going off. Holy Cats!!! I slept straight through until 5:15am. I awoke and actually felt GOOD. I was rested, refreshed and almost giddy.

Not since my days on third shift have I thought this much about sleep or been so jubilant about achieving it.

I'm gonna pop the pills again tonight at the same time and then tomorrow night go to bed at the same time and hopefully my "clock" will be reset and I'll fall asleep on my own and stay asleep. We'll see. I'm just so worried about becoming addicted or dying in my sleep (like Heath Ledger)

2 comments:

Leen said...

sorry happy that you finally got a full night of rest. i'm not positive, but i do believe that the meds they sell OTC nowadays don't have the same addictive qualities as they did in the "good old days" so you should be okay to tak ethem as necessary. but i'm no doctor so check with yours and be sure to read the fine print on the label!

(((u)))
so glad mr sandman visited ya!

TLP said...

Good drugs. Good times. Lord I miss'em.