Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Left, Left, Left, Right, Left

No, I haven't joined the Army.

Left Left Left Right Left Right Right Left just to get to the elevator, which then goes down 4 flights to the ground floor and opens into a lobby with the shiniest terracotta style tile I have ever seen. It really looks wet and it is like that all the way into the cafeteria. No high traffic pattern scuff marks just pure wet shine. I think they must have just redone the floors here.

This time I kept the lefts and rights in my mind since I ventured to the cafe on my own. I did let Big Boss know where I was going and to send a posse out after me if I wasn't back in 10 min. I probably looked and sounded like a hick repeatedly whispering to myself "left left left right etc..." The real challenge was coming off the elevator on my way back to my desk. I had to reverse all the lefts and rights to find my way back. Good thing I have a great sense of direction. This place is aMAZEing. It's really not that big of a building just lots of aisles and cubes and turns.

The trail wasn't marked with cairns but I did see a Dunkin Donut Munchkin Box on a table so I knew I needed to take a left at that point on my way back. No, I didn't even glance in the box at the munchkins but I'm thinking they were probably better than the banana I'm suffering through now.

I haven't walked since last Wed. Horrible I know. The weather hasn't been good and my schedule hasn't permitted either. Yesterday I did think about walking from the hotel to the office but wasn't too keen on walking back in the dark so I nixed that idea. It was cold and blustery too and I on't have my winter coat with me so that was the other reason.

Ok...time to wrap up this part of the project and head home. See you guys on the flip side.

No comments: