Survival of the fittest? Nah...we all survived.
The winds picked up and even though the sun was out it was an icy winter wonderland.
My driveway got sanded but the salt and sand melted down through the ice and didn't really melt the ice. There were holes in the ice but the ice was still sitting there, menacingly taunting each and every visitor as they arrived. Only one person had to make 2 runs at it. All the rest conquered the hill in one try.
It was a smaller crowd this year. It seems with each passing year the numbers do get a little less. The same core group was here and we had a fun time putting the food together and having our chinese auction. There were lottery tickets and body washes and Christmas decorations and candles going around. I ended up with a Yankee Candle pumpkin candle. Can you tell that pumpkin is one of my favorite scents??
Sarah and I got the leftovers organized. Platters put together and divided up. The dishes were cleaned up, counters wiped down, wrapping paper and trash bagged up and I made a fresh pot of coffee. I even managed to get in on the tail end of the discussion around the economy, job losses, high paid executives and crappy weather.
We had a mixed up with the shoes when it came time to bundle up to leave but after a trip to car by one aunt, another aunt was happy to have her shoes back.
It eas a long busy fun filled day. I was exhausted and was in bed and asleep by 10pm.
Today will be a day of undoing the last month. Yup...the tree is coming down and all the other decorations. At least I that is my plan. I'll probably be out the door in a flash if I get a better offer though.
1 comment:
You're taking it all down now? I used to take it down on the 26th, but this year I am happy to let it stay for a while (especially since I didn't get it all up until the 22nd.)
Post a Comment