Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Dog


Sometimes...I tell ya.

Yesterday morning Sarah calls me.

"Mom, Shelby barfed on your bed, what do I do?"

I was on my way to work and in an area where I seldom have a signal. I couldn't find out how bad it was. Was it on the comforter or under the covers? She had been asleep under the covers when I left about a half hour before. About 10 min later I got ahold of Sarah and found out it was only a small amount, on top of the comforter and hadn't soaked into any other covers. Sarah took the comforter off and shooed Shelby out of my room.

I washed the comforter last night for the 2nd time in 2 weeks.

2 weeks ago my friend J was over. We were standing in the kitchen talking and SHelby had been excitedly jumping around and she ran in my room and got on the bed and peed. For no good reason. She has never done that before. J said he has that effect on alot of women. haha.

Shelby was pretty funny on Sat after I cleaned the livingroom carpet. She was shot out of a cannon. She ran around and around and around. Rolled on her back and scrtatched her back on the carpet and was just overall very goofy. I don't know if it was the scent of the cleaner or that the carpet was still damp but she was hilarious.

She isn't particularly liking this cold weather. It's good though because in the middle of the night who wants to stay up while she is out sniffing everything like she has never sniffed it before? Some nights she was hanging out for well over a half hour. Not so the last couple of nights. She has been peeing and pooping and sniffing in under 3 min.

4 comments:

LisaBinDaCity said...

Shelby is so cute!!!

I'm really lucky cause Ally never goes inside, (or barfs neither) unless she is very sick. Which has happened maybe twice in 12 years.

Tammy said...

Lisa- Shelby is good most of the time too. Just seems like when she has bodily function issues she has them all at once. I can honestly say that I have the cleanest comforter north of NYC ;-)

Anonymous said...

i used to have a dog that would hide food scraps under my bed pillows....do you have any idea what it's like to climb into what you think is a clean comfy bed, get settled, slide your hand under the pillow and right onto a chewed up piece of pizza crust? Grosssss.

Cin said...

It seems the get "issues" when you least expect it. LOL! I know that is not funny about her barfing on the bed. When I had the puppy she pooped and peed on the bed. Its a wonder my damn comforter and bed sheets are not warn out from all the washing.

LOL @ BCBG