Friday, December 12, 2008

Not quite the storm of the century

But still bad enough. We didn't get as much snow as they predicted but the icing is pretty bad. 100,000 customers without power but I'm not one of them!!!! Yay me!! I swear, every time I am prepared we don't lose power. I had fixins for sandwiches and filled the tubs (for flushing) and had the lanterns out. I had filled them and trimmed the wicks. I even got all the laundry caught up and did up the few dishes. I was vacuuming at 11pm when I started hearing the ice pellets against the windows and I swabbed out the bowls. I was FULLY prepared. And it didn't happen. I love it.

My office opened late this morning but not quite late enough for me. I am going in but was waiting for the storm to finish winding down a bit more. I've gotten the report for a couple of people who did make it to work that to the East the roads aren't bad but to the West they are HORRIBLE. Guess where I am? Yup....western foothills. That's why I decided to wait just a little while longer.

I've been known as "last minute annie" and procuring a plow guy was no different. I finally made the phone call last night. I'll be sharing my BFF's plow guy. Friends that get plowed together stay together. hahaha I'll have to tell her that one.

It's still raining really hard and the sump pump has been running constantly. But the floor is bone dry and life is grand!

Shelby did not want to go outside this morning. I ended up going out and shoveling the slush off the steps and got drenched in less than 2 minutes. Shelby was watching and when I was done and I opened the door to let her out she just stood there looking. Finally she gingerly went down the steps, peed and pooped (yeah I had to scoop her poop) and came right back up the steps. She looked like a drowned rat in just a short amount of time.

By Monday it is supposed to be in the 40's and dry so hopefully most of this slushy crap will melt off.

I'm getting ready to head to work...wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you made it safely! "M"'s area is covered in ice... trees everywhere. Yucky!

Grandma Lola said...

OMG! I have been watching the news, just wow. hope you are home, safe, sound, and warm boobabe. (((u)))