It's been one of those days. Add in a pinch of negativity and that has been my whole day. OK...maybe ALOT of negativity. Not from me mind you. I am a very upbeat person and try to see the good in people and don't always assume the worst. Unlike some people I know. There is one person in my life right now who is the epitomy of negativity. She complains about EVERYTHING. You could offer her a million dollars and she would find a reason why that's a bad thing. I swear I have never known someone who is so inherently negative.
Most days I can just ignore it, let it roll off my back but for some reason I can't tune it out today. It's making me insane. When I go insane I start having salacious thoughts. How's that for a 50 cent word? I guess the thoughts could be stemming from a dream I had a couple of nights ago. Isn't it funny how most of the time you don't even remember your dreams but every once in a while you have a doozy that just rocks you to the core. It was such a good dream that when I woke I immediately tried to get back to sleep so I could be there again. It was a dream that I would have never imagined but now that I have it seems like there could be great potential. Or at least it has left my mind open to possibilities.
Anyways....gotta quitmycomplaining and dreaming and get back to it. I think I'm going to say something positive every time she says something negative. Maybe she will catch a hint. If not it will still be fun.
4 comments:
you be you....let her go
You should try that with her. Even if she does not get the hint maybe she will at least get annoyed! LOL! By the way, I love the pics of your fuzzies on your blog!
I had a co-worker who was like that before her doc put her on antidepressants. I hated to go to work when she would be there, but now, she isn't so bad, as long as she takes her pills. It is depressing to be around a person like that. It's a good idea to counteract her negatives with positives.
I have some people in my life who are like that. I run into them at big family get togethers. Thank goodness that's only a handful of times each year.
They ask how I am, but really are looking for dirt or negative things, something they can latch onto and spiral the mood/conversation downward.
The last time they asked, I told them I was doing great, my job is wonderful and my health is fantastic, etc. It was super funny to watch them try to find something out of that... like, well, surely you being so busy at work must be tiring? They finally moved on to someone else when they couldn't find anything.
Sorry... I guess you found a pet peeve and with the holidays coming up, I'm gearing up for them! :)
Post a Comment