Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Going for the gold

I think Shelby is practicing for the Olympics. She will be the top dog in log rolling.

She has started a new thing where she thinks she has to be on me. I get into bed at night and she immediately jumps right on. Doesn't matter if I'm on my stomach, side or back. ANd she stays there, all freaking night. The first couple of nights I was careful of her. Then I got to thinking "I am the one who has to get up and go to work and she is the one sleeping all day. Why am I being so careful not to wake her?"
Then I tried just moving her off me when I had to move and she would jump right back up on me after I got situated. The last couple of nights I haven't bothered worrying. She doesn't seem to be taking a hint so why worry? I just roll as I need to without any regard to her and guess what? She has not fallen off yet. She can roll that log with the best of them.

Good thing she is only 7 pounds.

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Funny! I had a 15 pound cat that used to do this!

Lois Lane said...

Remember when Chip finally came back home and I did the retarded inch worm off the end of the bed so I didn't disturb him?!?! Yeah, I soooo know what you mean.

Have a great weekend!