Where to begin......
I sent the note. All is good. I am free. He is free.
Sarah and I went to Lee's (BFF) for New Year's Eve. Her family came over as well. We had a good time. We played pool and they had the Wii out. If you have a Wii you MUST get the Fitness to go with it. OMG...too funny. The hula hoop was a riot and the tightrope walking was great fun too.
Lee's sister had a baby yesterday. A little pink bundle. I went to the hospital last night and got to hold her. She is just as precious as she can be. The DR had projected her to be about 6.5 lbs and she was 8lbs exactly. Ummmmm...that hurts. Mom and baby are doing good and they will be home on Sat.
Hector's Mom passed away on Sun. He was out of work Mon and Tues but came in on Wed. She has been in ill health for awhile but this was totally unexpected. I totally dropped the ball and feel absolutely terrible. It is my responsibility at work to manage our "kitty" fund. I was supposed to call in and order the flowers to be delivered to the funeral home. It has been just crazy busy and with Hector out it was even that much more so. I should have done it Tuesday but I didn't so I tried to order on Wed afternoon. No deliveries on Thur because of the holiday and they could only guarantee a 1pm delivery today. The funeral is at 10am. Long story short, we have no flowers at the funeral. Our public display of support is not there. He is my best friend at work and I totally dropped the ball, I just can't convey how horrible I feel. We'll still do something. Probably a gift card so he and his wife can go out for a relaxing dinner but still the opportunity was missed and it's my fault.
I slept most of New Years Day away. I was awoken at 7am by Heather and I was so groggy that I felt sick. Then around 8am Lee texted me that Denise was heading to the hospital to have the baby. I fell back asleep and woke again at 11am when she texted me to say "Emma is here". I fell back asleep and dreamed that I was being squished. I couldn't turn or get comfortable it was almost like I was paralyzed. When I woke at 2:30 in the afternoon I had Baby Kit on one side and Shelby pressed up against me on the other side. Hence the feeling of squishyness. I finally got in the shower around 5pm. WHat a lazy day. I guess I really needed the sleep.
I almost ran out of toilet paper. I was down to one roll in each bathroom. I wanted to stop at Walmart last night to get some but Lee offered me a couple of her rolls because it was too cold and "crappy" to bother with walmart. Of course I laughed. SHe didn't get it. I told her the pun, then she burst out laughing. Yeah sometimes it takes an extra few seconds for that elevator to make it to the top. Then she said I probably wouldn't like her paper because it is the "shitty 1-ply crap" OMG.....stop!!! My belly is starting to ache from all this laughter.
4 comments:
That was a good joke (crappy) even if she didn't realize it!!
I see you are following Marcy. Will you please tell her I cannot comment on her blog because of the was she has set the sign-in process? Hers is the 3rd blog I've run into that I can't comment on.
I will read hers, though, and tell her I said welcome!
HA HA! That was funny!
Oh dear, I'm so sorry about the flower situation. (sigh) Nothing I can say can make you feel better, but I'm sure your friend wouldn't want you to kick yourself all over the place like you are over it.
Welcome to the world baby Emma. :) 8 pounds is definitely a healthy sized baby and when passing through a narrow canal, that 1.5 extra pounds is surely felt!
Sorry for the flower situation.
But ya know, you failed to say RABBIT RABBIT. So.....
Congratulations to Auntie Lee and her slow elevator!
Sorry about Hector's mom.
Also sorry I am behind in posts. Letter? I'm lost.
Happy birthday late to BFF Lee. Merry Christmas Happy New Year and all that stuff late to you as well.
P.S. Frickin' frackin' lousy no good stool! Sorry! Is your side better now?
Post a Comment