I went to the dentist this morning. Do you know how miserable it is to get your teeth cleaned when you have a raging cold? The hygenist was great and was very patient with my occasional coughing fits she did however try to drown me. She wasn't concerned about my cold since she was in a full facial mask anyways. I was mostly fine when I arrived but after hanging upside down for about 10 min I was completely congested and could no longer breath through my nose. Trying to breath through my mouth while she was using the waterpik caused me to asperate a little and I felt like I was drowning. The light was really bothering my eyes too so I kept them shut the whole time. This cold was really messing with them and I kept tearing up. THe hygenist must think I'm a total whacko. We struggled through and when she finally asked if mint was ok for the polish I was so relieved that it was almost over. SHe handed me some sunglasses to put on so the toothpaste wouldn't fly into my eyes. Ummmm....why didn't she give me the sunglasses when I got there and flying toothpaste? I didn't realize it was going to be so dangerous that I needed safety glasses. WHen I was finally done I stopped by the reception desk for a new appt and she was looking at me a little funny but didn't say anything. I figured I had toothpaste on my face and I would just inspected myself in the mirror when I got to the car. As I looked into the mirror I was horrified to see all of the mascara I had applied an hour before was now all under my eyes. I looked like a baseball player with the black stripes to deflect the sun. By then I had walked through the cold and my eyes had dried enough that the mascara didn't just wipe off. It was permanent. I had to keep wetting my finger to get it off. Totally gross but it is now gone. Completely. From under my eyes and from my eye lashes. I may as well have saved that step.
After I left the dentist I did the first thing any able bodied and insane person would do, I looked for the nearest Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee. And what the heck, I may as well bump up to the #1 special and get the 2 donuts too. There goes all the hard work and suffering in the chair, my teeth are officially doused in coffee and chocolate glazed donuts. While I was waiting in line at the drive-thru I had my window down. I had already placed my order and was fumbling through my wallet when I heard it. "See ya later alligator!!" Obviously the lady was a "regular" and knew the guy. I just thought it was cute and when I got to the window I said "Hey Alligator". He just grinned as he handed me my donuts and coffee.
A strange thing happened today. This may be gross and offending so this is your chance to skip ahead in the reading to the next paragraph. I had a itch in my nose so I scratched it. It was a scratch not a pick. When I looked at my finger after, I had a white thing on there. It was a pure white nose hair. Not gray and not the customary black but white. I have albino nose hairs. Am I the only one??
I've been waiting for this weekend for quite awhile. "Gran Torino" with Clint Eastwood opened today. I'll be checking it out. He is such and icon and still one of my favorite actors of all time. I've heard good reviews so I am really anxious to see it.
I got invited to play cards tonight. I couldn't go last week because I was working late and they really missed
my 5 bucks me. We are playing at Lee's sister's house who lives just around the corner from her. I'm sure we will have a couple of drinks to increase our merriment and if I have too much maybe I will have to stay at Lee's house and sleep in her closet. ;-)
5 comments:
I would have canceled the dentist if I had a cold. Ick. And you're going out tonight? Bad girl.....LOL
Judy- I would have cancelled if it hadn't been a 7am appt. I lost at cards. Big surprise huh?
My morning laugh for sure.
I can't imagine going to the dentist with a cold. That just sounds torturous! You'd think the goddess would have given you a "pass" on the cards! ;)
Happy New year!
Albino Nose Hairs....LMFAO!!
Post a Comment