Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I've fallen and I can't get up

OK....not really but I have seemed to have gotten lost in the graet Facebook abyss and am having trouble finding my way to Blogger and MySpace.

I have been having some lower back pain. It's hard to describe. It's not a disc thing or a muscle thing. I feel like it is my sciatic nerve. The problem is it attacks me in the night and I cannot get comfortable. No matter how I lay I have burning excrutiating pain that radiates around and throughout my hips. I have been taking ibuprofen with some degree of success. I have to admit I'm concerned. 20 years ago I had a very similar pain and after close to a year I was finally diagnosed with a tumor in my lower back and it was promptly removed. I've had little to no pain since. I even birthed a baby with no back pain.

I'm calling my Dr to get checked. I'm thinking she will order an MRI which is how they caught the last one. I'm really not up to going through anything like that again. The thought of being out of work and bed ridden is not making me feel real warm and fuzzy. I had great success last time but I was 20 years younger and 40 lbs lighter. Maybe the nerve is just pinched and a chiropractor can fix it. Maybe a few days of ibuprofen and getting serious in my walk regiment will make the difference. Maybe I'm worrying for nothing. But I can tell you the pain is not nothing.

I'm gonna get the ball rolling in a couple of different directions. I'm calling my Dr and I'm walking. Today.

2 comments:

kenju said...

I have the same problem and mine is a pinched nerve because of a disc that is out of place. I take Tyl*nol, because it is the only thing that doesn't conflict with my other meds. One thing you might try is not lying flat of your back. Always prop up your legs at the knees with pillows. That takes the pressure off.

Edge said...

problem I got is I can't tell hurt from old or vice versa.