The Spring clean up is in full swing. Brush has been cut and hauled. The lawn has been swept. Yup raking wouldn't even begin to cut it this year. THe pool is thawed but still more than a month from being opened.
The ex owes me some money so he has been my groundskeeper in exchange. It doesn't pay the bills but my place looks great. He's putting up the clothesline that sat in a box for a year. I begged for it to be put up last year and that didn't happen but this year is different. This year stuff is getting done and very early. No begging. No bargaining. Just leaving a list on the bar 1 day a week and it's a done deal. The ex brought over his 4-wheeler so I've been using it to move alot of the brush to the fire pit. I'll have enough wood to last me all summer.
I planted a few trees to create a tree line that will eventually create a barrier between the manicured part of the lawn and the part I don't mow.
I heard peepers for the first time last Friday night. That and the sound of songbirds at 5am are sure signs that Spring is truly here.
It's supposed to get into the 70's this weekend. You can bet that I will be spending some time sitting out by the fire pit. Just enjoying the fire and the warm night and life in general. Listening to the peepers and my sheets flapping in the breeze on my new clothesline. Yup, I am looking forward to that!
4 comments:
I don't blame you one bit. I almost wish I had an ex who would work here.....LOL
Sounds like Life is pretty good! I love my outdoor line.
Nothing says spring like 70° weather, peepers and clothes on the clothesline. And you'll have freshly air dried sheets to sleep on when it's all done!
Hey, you realize you are the exception .... most "ex's" would not do that!!! Man, if mine lived nearby and was willing, I'd be tempted to give him the most horrible chore ever ... like pooper scooper or something ... heh heh
There is absolutely nothing I love more than an outside fire at night ... I love it ... the warmth ... the smell ... and to have it on my clothes and in my hair .... ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Glad things are peachy for ya!
Post a Comment