Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Silly vs stupid
My roomie has a girlfriend, "B". They hooked up a few weeks after he moved in with me. He's gaga over her. I've met her and she is a sweetheart. He is GaGa over her. Every night he comes home and is filled with stories about her. Some of them are funny and interesting but most are just plain goofy "in love" types of things. The first time he came home and told me that she liked him back was like the sky opening up. He's told me about her job (where they met), her car, her family, her ex bf, her dog, her hair, her boobs (yup he told me about her boobs, not in a disgusting graphic way just that she was always covered in a sweatshirt so he never realized what she was hiding) and a myriad of everything else about her. He is GAGA over her. You'd think he was 15 the way he carries on. He's 33. OMG....some days. The worst day was last week. Shelby had been to the groomer and when she comes home she smells absolutely delicious for about a week then she starts smelling like a dog again. When roomie got home he picked up Shelby and was making of her. I said "Smell her, she went to the groomer and smells sooooo gooood". He put his nose on her back and inhaled deeply. He said "she smells good but not as awesome as "B". OMFG.....I could not hold back. I said "you have gone over the deep end. I would hope your girlfriend smells better than a dog. You have officially gone from silly "in love" to STUPID "in love"".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ah yeah, but I'd isn't stupid in love the best?
I'll take silly in love any day but stupid in love? Not so sure that's what I'd be looking for. He is very funny though and she is as cute as she can be.
I suppose it's a good thing that doesn't last!
LOL! That is too funny.
I was looking at the pics of your fur kids...I love Shelby's eyes. Kit looks like a little stinker and LuLu looks like she is smiling in that picture. :) They are all cuties!
I honestly don't recall ever having been stupid in love. With anyone. Yikes. I wonder what that's like?
Jammie- if Tony ever says that you smell better than the cats or fish (which I would hope you do) then he's bordering on stupid. Silly in love is wonderful though and my roomie and his girl are. I'm lucky to have the kind of friendship with him that I can call him out on stupid stuff.
Ah, new love, the best!
Post a Comment