Thursday, July 30, 2009

Turning out pretty quiet

My super busy, kind of expensive summer plans have dwindled away.

I was supposed to go to the Jersey shore for July 4th. Didn't happen because of summer school.

I had a quasi opportunity to go to Jeff Dunham. Isn't happening. All the tickets were snatched up. It's just as well, I really didn't have the money.

Big plans were made for a Pat Benetar/Blondie concert. Even a night in a hotel. Not gonna happen. People have pulled out at the last minute. Again, it's probably for the best due to financial constraints but I was looking forward to that one.

I am still going on the boat trip next weekend though. BFF's bro-in-law plays in a band and they are playing on the boat that night. It's an evening cruise out on Sebago Lake. The weather is looking great for it so far. Should be a good time. Fewer people this year since last year we were packed in like sardines. BFF is trying to get her brother to come but he isn't interested. She said we would bug him again on Fri night but I told that even though I'd like him to go I'm not going to harp on him. If he doesn't enjoy that sort of thing then he shouldn't go. But it would be nice if he changed his mind.

I sold the massive work out gym in basement. Yup, even though I have become more active I still don't use that so it's gone. Finally. Been down there about 8 years. That's ALOT of dust. I'm also using this time to go through more stuff and clean out the basement more. It was pretty much cleaned out last summer but there are a few lingering things that I just couldn't part with then that I think I can now. I'll also be painting the floor down there and organizing what is left of the workout equipment that I'm keeping. I'm also getting the room down there ready to be rented. It's mostly ready just neeeds the tv cable run to it.

I'm still in need of a roommate.

2 comments:

Leen said...

i keep forgetting that you have this place here. i need to add it to my blogroll!

plans fall apart but sounds as if you've made great alternate plans. lord knows, us lonely girls have to find something to occupy our minds.

:-)

JeanMac said...

Thinking of you!