Monday, December 21, 2009

His Name is......

Gary.

My record has been shattered. Not only did I get a second date but also a third one and plans for next weekend and for New Year's Eve.

We met at Margarita's in Portland. We had a nice meal, good conversation. We hung out until almost midnight, driving around looking at Xmas lights and just chatting. He brought me back to my car and asked if I was interested in seeing him again. Yes, I was. So we arranged to meet the next day to xmas shop together.

We shopped and we ate then he came back to my house and we played cribbage and watched football. He stayed the night, on the couch. He was a total gentleman. I think he really does like me and doesn't want to rush things only to have them fizzle. I appreciate that. It was strange waking up in the morning knowing there was a strange man out on my couch. We went to breakfast then he headed home. Since he refuses to let me pay for a meal when we go out, I'm going to get some steaks and cook for him next weekend.

I'm taking it one day at a time but I do like him.

6 comments:

Christine said...

I am very happy for you. I hope he doesn't turn out to be an asshole like most of the rest of them.

Sorry...I am old and bitter :-)

SouthernGal said...

This IS exciting! I'm happy for you - and does he by chance have a brother or cousin you can send down to me????

Leen said...

I'm jealous as hell but oh so happy for you! Perhaps a midnight New Year's kiss? YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG How did I miss this post?!?!?

YAYAYAY for you!!! I am SO happy this is going so well :)

Keep me posted!!

(((U)))

Edge said...

yay for holiday romance. I hope you have wonderful ones Boo, both holiday and romance.

jeanmac said...

So happy for you --- and Merry Christmas!