Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Unexpected blanket

I woke to another 2in of snow this morning. Surprisingly I wasn't pissed. I don't know why but a feeling of calm came over me. Like a warm cozy blanket. When I stepped outside the air was quite mild and the snow was quite beautiful. It's a sticky christmas snow, perfect for snowmen.

I am definitely going to have to get new tires soon though. Walking up my driveway every time we get a dusting is getting old real fast. It's great exercise but is still getting old. The tires are fine on flat surfaces and I've had no issues at all even in a snowstorm with any kind of sliding. But they can't climb a hill to save their life so Sat I think they will be gone. Merry Xmas to me.

Hard to believe that Xmas is next week and the new year a week later. Where has 2009 gone? I was feeling a bit anxious about it a few days ago. Feeling sorry for myself that once again I am facing the holidays on my own, but the feeling has subsided. It's been a dry year. The driest on record since I have been single. This holding out for something really wonderful has got me going a little beserk. Not sure how much further ahead I am in the game but I think I mostly feel better about it. Not sure what 2010 will bring. Maybe I'll don a full body condom and just let loose. Or maybe Xmas 2010 will find me writing another post very similar to this one. Or maybe I'll finally find that wonderful place in between.

2 comments:

Christine said...

The travel from point to point and year to year is the best part.

Leen said...

i've heard that a person becomes a certified virgin again after going a certain amount of time with no sex.

i believe i've hit that mark and passed it a long, long time ago.

:-/