Wednesday, December 23, 2009

You may have noticed the correllation

Yes the money went missing the same weekend that I met Gary. No he has nothing to do with it. (logistically he had no access) Yes he witnessed the slow meltdown. I kept it together as best I could but I have to tell ya it was hard. In addition to my money being gone, there was a computer glitch at my bank and they blocked my debit card from working.

Sat I was on my way to meet Gary when I noticed the money from my wallet was gone. WHen I saw him I explained what happened and was near tears. He put his arm around my shoulders and asked if I wanted to skip the shopping. It was the Sat before Xmas so I really needed to finish up. Ok the fact of the matter was i really needed to start. So we went into Kohl's. (I heart that store BIG TIME)

Gary is great to shop with. He went his way and I went mine. I picked up a few things but couldn't stop thinking about the money. We were finally ready to cash out. My purchases added up to about $95 so I swiped the card, entered the PIN and waited. Nothing. It wouldn't authorize. I asked the girl to try it as a credit card instead, and it still wouldn't authorize. GRRRRR and the cashier in all her ditzy, gum popping irritating way kept saying that I should sign up for a Kohl's card. Um, I said no and even in the face of adversity the answer is still NO. She said that my card not authorizing should be telling me something and that I should sign up for their card. Ummm....how about a nice big slice of "Shut the Fuck up"?

I didn't have cash to pay with (since mine had mysteriously taken flight) so I opted to write a check. With the new systems and POS agreements I was really concerned that the check wouldn't go either. I knew I had the money but for some reason I couldn't access it. And in all of this hubbub, Gary had completed his transaction ans was waiting by the door for me. It was only the second time we had met and here I was in full crisis. I was thinking there is no way this guy is sticking around.

When I finally got through my transaction and out the door, I explained a little of what went on and asked if he minded if I went to an ATM to check my balance. He was so sweet. Whatever I needed he was willing to do. So we went to an ATM and there on the screen it said $967 available balance. He saw it and I saw it. WTF???? Didn't matter, it was 3pm on Sat. COuldn't call anyone to fix it so I was dead in the water. Couldn't Xmas shop or grocery shop. Gary did offer to hunt down the bank president and have him fix it. Haha...I think I'll take a pass on that offer but thanks anyway.

He took me out to a nice relaxing dinner at Ruby Tuesday where I had an awesome rum and fruity drink called a Ruby Relaxer. I don't know what was in it but I can tell you that between the drink and his wittiness I was fully relaxed and even laughing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay - I'm likin' this guy!!

jeanmac said...

Glad your day ended on a better note.