By mid-week we were both thinking the same thing, without knowing we were thinking the same thing.
This whirl-wind romance has been nothing short of miraculous. Even though we've only known each other a month the connection feels like he's always been there. I'm happy when I'm with him. I'm happy when I think about him. I miss him immensely when we are apart. That being said, a week ago I was having these feelings but being the demure soul that I am I was playing it cool.
He had asked me out for dinner on Wed evening. He openly admitted that he didn't want to go all week without seeing me. I was very happy with that and readily agreed. He picked me up at work, which it turns out he loves to do, and we went to Olive Gar.den. Yummy dinner, great conversation, I couldn't take my eyes off him. And he was equally enamoured with me. We sat making goo-goo eyes at each other and occasionally held hands but also it was very natural. We weren't over the top sicky sweet. (well at least I don't think we were)
It was time to leave the restaurant and take me back to my car so I could head home. We walked slowly to his car and he drove extra slow back to my work parking lot. We talked. He held my hand. Told me how he enjoyed the dinner and the mid-week get together could definitely become a ritual as far as he was concerned. I agreed. I sat there next to him with my stomach twisting and turning. Glad that he was taking his time getting back to my car. Glad that he had taken his time in many aspects of the relationship.
He pulled in next to my car and I hit the auto starter on my key chain. The engine roared to life. He suggested waiting 5 min or so for the car to warm up. So we sat. Holding hands. Looking forward. I was looking at the window from which I am usually peering out and thinking that several of my co-workers were still in there. He was looking at nothing. He brought my hand to his lips and kissed the back of it. I glanced at him as he was looking at me and he started to speak. In a voice that I barely recognized he told me that he hadn't felt this way in a very long time, if ever. Again I readily agreed. The butterflies were doing a mad jig. He leaned in an gave me a kiss. Sweet and tender, just like he is. Then he just stopped for what seemed like an eternity and looked at me and finally said "I don't know if you're ready to hear this yet but I almost think I could tell you that I love you"
We both burst out laughing. "I almost think that I could tell you that I love you too" I said, between fits of giggling.
Well then, it's official. We almost think we love each other.
2 comments:
Ok, so seriously - does he have a brother? Cuz Im sure tired of the game that's going on in MA :(
and I really am happy for you :)
O.M.G.
I think I just squealed at my desk at work.
YAY!!!! for thinking and feeling and for butterflies and taking it slow but not wanting to.
so happy for you honey
and loving living vicariously through you
~leen
Post a Comment