Tuesday, October 19, 2010

He's married. And not to Deb.

I have to admit I was a bit shocked but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as I would imagined.

I have always been right about him. Always. I always knew he wouldn't chose me. I just wanted him to real bad. I always knew I loved him far more than he ever did or ever would love me. I knew he wouldn't marry Deb and I knew that when he and her split there would already be someone new in the picture. I always knew it would never be me. I have always known he was fickle. I have always known he is a serial cheater.

I wish this ever knowing had been easier to see and accept. I wish I hadn't wasted so many years and tears. But it wasn't and I did. It is what it is.

I found out by accident. It was like a punch in the stomach. Sort of. But I haven't cried. I am happy where I am and who I am with. I wouldn't trade that for a million "hey baby"s from him. I just didn't expect him to marry. I hope for her sake that he behaves. I hope for both their sakes that he can be happy with her. I'm glad for my sake that I never have to deal with that concern.

PS..I have no idea what happened to Deb. I do feel bad for her and I only hope that it was she who came to her senses and booted him out.

4 comments:

Edge said...

Best way to not repeat mistakes is to recognize the ones you made. I'm glad you are where you are and not where you could be.

Leen said...

It's a shock no matter how much time goes by, I think.

(((u)))
so glad you've found much happiness with a man who treats you lovely.

JeanMac said...

Hugs

perdido said...

i have to admit i'm surprised he got married....

how did you find out/